Running for a Cause
I run for a few reasons:
- I was bored with riding a bike
- I need to stay in shape, especially as I get older
- I wanted to mark ‘running a half-marthon’ off my bucket list
- I run with a group that have become my friends, I enjoy the miles and the conversations with them
- I put ‘running a marathon’ on my bucket list and then accomplished it
I continue to run because it is something I enjoy.
But now it is time to run for a cause.
My next race is the St. Jude Country Music Marathon and 1/2 Marathon. I will be running the half marathon. This race’s official charity is St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. So this time I am running for a St. Jude. It costs $1.8 million a day to operate St. Jude and 70% of the funds come from the public? That means donations from people like me and you. I am not just running for St. Jude but I will also be making a donation.
Personally I have seen how this amazing operation has made a difference in a family’s life. St. Jude’s life saving operation, treatment and follow-up was there to give life.
My commitment is to raise at least $500. I will be making a donation and I am inviting my friends to do so also.
You can make a donation to St. Jude and to my goal by clicking this link: St. Jude donation page.
Thank you for considering donating to this worthy cause.