Do you have a Saturday night routine that helps you get ready for worship on Sunday morning?
Here is a to-do list that I will work through before going to bed tonight that I hope will make me better prepared for worship tomorrow.
- think through my early Sunday morning routine, making sure everything is ready
- read through the scripture passages of the last few weeks’ sermons, remembering the last sermons and what God said to me during those study times.
- read ahead in the book of the bible we are studying (Genesis) asking God to speak to me as I read
- pray and ask God to prepare my heart to be ready to receive what He has for me in service tomorrow.
- look over the worship outline, praying for everyone who will participate
- pray that God will use me to help lead those who attend into a worship conversation
- pray specifically for my pastor that God will continue to give him clear direction about tomorrow’s sermon
- pray for everyone who will attend the service that they will come ready to meet God
- pray for those who may come to service tomorrow who do not have a personal relationship with God, that their heart would be open to hearing from Him.
How do you prepare for Sunday worship?