It is one of my favorite shows but this is not what I am talking about.
No matter the organization it is important that you step back and evaluate the 'big picture,' whether the organization is effectively reshaping itself to be productive or if it has come to a place of 'status quo.'
For the last few months we (I and a few members who are committed to success) have taken a hard look at the effectiveness of one of our ministry teams…the worship choir.
The result…New Choir In Session.
We have taken a hard look at the effectiveness of the worship choir over the last few years and have come to some conclusions:
There are people in the choir who feel called of God to be a part of the ministry.
The commitment to the choir has declined.
We are missing personal connections (relationship building) in the choir.
We need more emphasis on preparing to lead worship, not just preparing songs during rehearsals.
Once we carefully landed on the four keys that needed attention, we began to put together a plan. Over the next two weeks I will write about our plan. Today is about the first step: defining the ministry of the Worship Choir.
The worship choir exists to lead the people of ClearView into active, passionate worship and we do so by being active worshippers both corporately and privately.
We Believe that:
- All believers are equipped for ministry.
- Believers are called to specific ministries. A called person has been set apart and fully empowered by God to accomplish a significant spiritual task.
- Some are called by God to be a part of the Worship Choir.
- ClearView Worship Choir is made up of people who are called by God to be active ministers through its ministry.
- A person who says yes to God's call to the Worship Choir is creating a covenant between God and themselves.
We believe that the person who responds to God's call to the Worship Choir will:
- pray weekly for ClearView and the ministry of the Worship Choir
- make the Worship Choir a priority
- attend as many rehearsals as possible
- participate in rehearsals and ministry opportunities with a servant's heart
- be willing to build relationships and care for the members of the Worship Choir
- work continuously to be a better disciple of Jesus Christ
- work through the choir and other ministries of ClearView to build disciples of Jesus Christ.
Did you notice that there are some things missing?
There is no attendance requirement. None is needed if you are called of God to the ministry.
There is no audition required. None is needed. In fact we are looking for people called of God. They might not be great singers but God will use what is surrendered to Him for ministry.
Coming up in the NCIS series:
1. a season preview
2. a new rehearsal
3. bring in the reinforcements
4. communicate the whole season