The older I get the more I realize there is so much more tolearn. The longer I am in a ministry leadership position the more I desire to do the job to the best of my ability.
In just a few weeks I will have the opportunity to step away from ministry leadership for a period of seven weeks for a sabbatical. The time will be divided between vacation and study. One of the study projects is to spend some time with leaders of both for-profit and non-profit organizations dialoging with them about leadership traits and characteristics. My time with each leader will be limited so I want to be well prepared. I am putting together a list of questions to ask each leader and some ideas are posted below. What if you had 30 minutes, with a leader of an organization to pick his/her brain about leadership, what would you ask? Your ideas can be posted as a comment to this post. I would love to get you input!
- What are characteristics that are essential for leaders?
- What it the one characteristic that every leader should model? Why?
- Who is a leader that you look up to and why?
- Is social media making an impact on your organization and if so is it changing how you lead?
- Why do you think you have been placed in this position of leadership?
- What is the biggest challenge facing leaders today?
- What is the best resource for learning leadership skills?