Tuesday will be the first worship staff meeting for 2009. Below I am posting an agenda outline for that meeting. I am hoping that this agenda will help set the tone for 2009 and help us be prepared for both the predictable and the unpredictable. I am also thinking that I will use some form of this outline for more than just the first meeting of the year.
- Prayer (there is no better place to start…thanking God for His help in the past and asking for His wisdom for the future.)
Basics (before we start any evaluation or planning we
need to take a look at who we are, what foundations we stand on and what
‘big picture’ goals have been set before us.)
- ClearView Core values
- ClearView Mission/vision statement
- Worship Staff Core values/mission statement
- A Look
Back (this is a look back at recent days, evaluating
did we meet our objectives for engaging God in worship and encouraging the
congregation to do the same.)
- A Look
Forward (here we will look at the near future and what
is planned, tweaking items as needed and discussing worship team
- Out to the Future (a discussion where we ask our pastor to give us insights into where he will heading in future sermons in the current series and general thoughts on the up-coming sermon series.)
- A New
Opportunity…chapel venue (early in 2009 the worship staff will face a
great opportunity that will bring many unknowns…the opening of a second
worship venue on our campus. As we prepare for this opportunity, which we
have been doing for many months, we need to stop and review why, how, what
of this venture.)
- Why are we opening the venue
- What is the goal of the ‘more traditional service’
i. How do communicate what we are about to do?
ii. Video introduction of service…Mark to set the tone.
- The first day
i. Personnel…host, leader, ushers
ii. Service outline
- Before the first day
ii. Dry runs
- Dedication service
- Dedication activities
2008 (before the busiest month of the year becomes a
distant memory we are going to take some time to evaluate)
- What worked? What did not work?
i. Children’s Musical
ii. Worship choir musical
iii. Christmas Eve
2009…ideas for next year (for me the ideas for the next year come during
the current year, but I often don’t take the time to write them down. Even if all we do is come up with a
discussion list I believe it give us a place to come back to.)
- Ministry outside the walls?
- Nights dedicated to worship?
- Christmas Eve…variety?
2009 (with the opening of a new venue we are being
forced to think outside of the box…so what does that look like)
- Worship choir lead worship service
i. Able to lead a core group into a greater understanding of passionate worship
ii. Always seem to be markers in the worship life of ClearView
- What does this look like in 2009
i. Choir w/guests
ii. Choir alone
iii. When do we schedule this?
- Making Disciples (back to the core values…giving the staff some materials for them to review that help think of ways to be better at making disciples)