‘Twas the morning of thanksgiving
and all through the house
not a creature was stirring not even a mouse.
Well, not really. As usual I am up before anyone else and as usual I only have a few minutes without others stirring until the dog wants to join me. Today will be a little different as our friends have come to visit and one of them will be up soon. But on this morning I want to stop and list a few things that I am thankful for.
- one more Thanksgiving Day that I can enjoy.
- A wife who loves me and supports me and who has done so for over 26 years
- A healthy family
- A wife and children who have personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ
- Parents who continue to lead lives as examples for my family
- Blessings of the necessities of life
- Blessings of many wants and desires that I do not deserve
- People who I work closely with who are not just co-workers but friends
This list could continue for many more pages, but for today I stop with this final item.
“Thank you God for allowing me to witness life through Your Son and that you have given me the honor to know You as Father, Savior, Friend and One who has given me the privilege to serve You."