A Worship Leader's Wish List
If you had a wish list about the worship services you attend, what would be included?As someone who has led worship for over 30 years here are some of my wishes.
- prayer for the worship services happens all week
- worship participation from the congregation and those on stage is an obvious overflow of daily worship
- worship team members arrive early for rehearsal and are prepared
- seats will be filled 5 minutes before the service beginning.
- you can tell by the look on their face that they are anticipating meeting God, they are already engaging with God
- when the first song starts people automatically rise to their feet and sing...
- when it is a song of adoration...they are singing to God and no one else
- when it is a song of testimony...they are singing with passion so all those around believe their words.
- when the Word of God is read there is a hushed silence of reverence
- when the sermon is delivered everyone's bibles or bible apps are opened and ready to take notes
- the encouragement of corporate worship helps empower the worshipers' week
As a church attender/member what would you add to the list?As a staff member/worship leader what would add to the list?As a worship team member what would you add to the list?