Values, we all have them.
Taking precedence over all aspects of who I am is my call to be a Christ Follower. This is how I live my personal life, including how I feel called to lead my family. Nine life core values help me focus on what I believe God wants me to be:
Life Core Values
- Developing a daily and eternal relationship with God.
- Committed to my wife for life.
- Committed to supporting my children.
- Recognizing God has called me to serve.
- Always loving, honoring and learning from my parents.
- Recognize my physical body is a gift from God.
- Develop a hobby away from the workplace.
- Be a lifetime learner.
- Take a vacation every year.
Living a life for Christ should be lived in balance; giving equal attention to the spiritual, social, mental and physical aspects of our being. A Christ-follower is called to serve and that call never leaves our lives until we stand face-to-face with Christ. Therefore, we have the challenge placed before us to be an active, committed and effective for as long as we can. A balanced life is the only way.
I once heard it stated that finding God’s will is the ‘never-ending search for His will.’ It is not somewhere we arrive but something we are continually searching for. The same is true for finding a fulfilled life in Christ, a life of balance in His presence. Examining the core values above helps keep me on that path so that I can carry out what God has called me to do as a husband, father, friend...
Do you have personal 'core values?'