The older I get the more I realize there is so much more to
learn. The longer I am in a ministry leadership position the more I desire to
do the job to the best of my ability.
In just a few weeks I will have the opportunity to step away
from ministry leadership for a period of seven weeks for a sabbatical. The time
will be divided between vacation and study. One of the study projects is to
spend some time with leaders of both for-profit and non-profit organizations
dialoging with them about leadership traits and characteristics. My time with each leader will be limited so I
want to be well prepared. I am putting
together a list of questions to ask each leader and some ideas are posted below. What if you had 30 minutes, with a
leader of an organization to pick his/her brain about leadership, what would you
ask? Your ideas can be posted as a
comment to this post. I would love to
get you input!
- What are characteristics that are essential for leaders?
- What it the one characteristic that every leader should
- Who is a leader that you look up to and why?
- Is social media making an impact on your organization and if
so is it changing how you lead?
- Why do you think you have been placed in this position of
- What is the biggest challenge facing leaders today?
- What is the best resource for learning leadership skills?