I have often used the scripture ‘be still and know that I am God’ to remind myself and others to stop and listen for God. I often allow the noise of the day interfere with God’s voice.
This morning the scripture came to mind as I sat on my back deck for breakfast….it was then that I noticed God and His creation.
- the clouds were building for anticipated rain
- the robin tried to pull a string from a yard stake
- two robins chased each other around the yard
- a mother robin made numerous trips from the ground to her nest construction carrying objects often longer than her body
- a bird dive bombed a squirrel as it tried to move toward her nest
- two squirrels met on my fence and performed a dance
I was quiet and I recognized God surrounding me.
It is not just on my back deck…but everywhere I am today…God is there…even when I am not still or quiet.