One of the core values at our church is our belief in the Authority of God's Word. To help our church understand the significance of that value we have committed to spending this year, 2013, walking through the whole Bible.
- Our church has been challenged to read through the Bible chronologically using the Read The Bible For Life plan.
- Our pastor will be preaching from the week's reading.
- Our children have the option of being involved in The Gospel Project.
- Our small groups have the option using the Gospel Project as a curriculum or Read The Bible For Life.
The reason for this endeavor is for all of us to be exposed to God's Word as a story of redemption...our redemption...an intentional pursuit by God for our souls, our worship. At the end of this year we hope our congregation has a better understanding of how:
- The 66 books of the Bible tell one story
- The theme of hope and redemption, is repeated in each section
Throughout the year we want
- to use our readings as conversation starters with Christ-following friends
- be challenged by our readings to share the Story of Hope with those who do not follow Christ.
Has your church ever read through God's Word together in one year?
Have you ever read the Bible through in chronological order?