Just recently my friend and co-worker Connie Hartzell led our staff through a look at Genesis 24, specifically looking at the meaning of success. No matter what your business, success must be defined.
As a Christ follower, and no matter the business, the concepts in Genesis 24 can help us define success and give us a sequence of actions steps.
1. Leader communicates the challenge and the tasks (Genesis 24:4)
a. asks questions to clarify the task and the expectation (Genesis 24:5)
b. Follower accepts the task (Genesis 24:9)
c. Expects success
3. The tools for success are gathered and prepared (Genesis 24:10-11)
4. Prayed and asked God for guidance (Genesis 24:12-14)
5. Seized the opportunity to carry out the task (Genesis 24:12)
6. Carried out the plan as much as humanly possible, (Genesis 24:14) then
7. Waited for God to show the final steps (Genesis 24:15-21)
8. Arrival of success was clear because of expectations and preparation (Genesis 24:22-25, 45)
9. Once the task was accomplished time was given for offering thanks to God. (Genesis 24:26)
10. Returned to the leader with testimony of success (Genesis 24:62)
11. Celebration of success as the events were re-told. (Genesis 24:65-67)
How do you know your actions or strategy has been a success?
Does your action plan for success match up with God's?