“In the average churchservice the most real thing is the shadowy unreality of everything.” A.W. Tozer
When we walk into our places of worship tomorrow how can be sure the experience will be real?
- Make sure Sunday is not the only day of the week you have a conversation with God.
- Attend the service for the right reasons:
- Celebrate with God’s people
- Make God’s glory known
- Hear an explanation of God’s Word
- Pray for the leaders
- Pray that God will reveal Himself to you
- Pray that you are willing to respond to what you hear
Here are some practical things that might help you get engaged in the act of worship.
- Get things ready the night before
- Arrive at the church campus early
- Make it your mission to get to the worship center early
- As a worship leader I know how distracting late-comers are to the people who arrive on time and to the leaders on stage.
- Participate in the acts of worship as if you are the only one in the room.
- Bring a bible to the service
- Take notes
How real a worship experience is to you is often how well you are prepared not how well the leaders are prepared. It is Saturday night and not too late to get things ready so you can meet God in the conversation of worship.