At worshipthis weekend at ClearView we will be starting a new series examining the book of 1 John. This week we begin with the first four verses.
Verse one starts: The one who existed from the beginning...
Just think in worship we get to talk to and listen to the One that was from the very beginning, God Almighty
…is the one we have heard and seen. We saw him with our own eyes and touched him with our own hands. He is Jesus Christ, the Word of life.
Worship begins with the revelation of Christ…the reality that we have a relationship with God through the sacrifice of His son.
The worship songs at ClearView this week try to capture and retell:
1. The story of God the creator:
How Great Thou Art (Psalm 86:10)
How Can I Keep From Singing (Psalm 40:3)
2. The wonderful gift of God’s Son:
Jesus Saves (Acts 5:42)
3. And give us a chance to respond God and that gift:
When I think About the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:17)
I Am Yours (Hebrews 10:22)
If you are headed to worship at ClearView this week, here are some things you can do to prepare:
- read the first chapter of 1 John
- read the scriptures referenced above that are the themes of the songs for worship.
If you are attending church at ClearView or at your place of worship here are some things to pray for
- the worship leaders and teachers
- that God will speak to you throughout the service, through the spoken word, through the songs, through the silence, through the witness and testimonies of the people.
What a great privilege we have to worship the very one who created all and what a great privilege we have in this country to worship at the place of our choosing.